LIVE Software Tester Course
The primary objective of this Software Tester Course is to learn Manual Testing & Agile Testing from a project perspective while using a job oriented workshop approach.
Most importantly, LIVE Testing Trainees would experience 1 Manual Testing Project which is aligned to ISTQB practical standards. Moreover, there is a dedicated session for facing practical interview challenges.
This realistic LIVE online course would efficiently help those aspiring to break into IT / Software Testing – as this is a practical and hands-on LIVE training. Anyone currently seeking to move into a Software Testing role could join this professional LIVE Software Testing Course Online .
In addition to that, SQL for Testers is an added bonus for this realistic software tester course!
Please note: LIVE trainees should ideally complete the project before the course completion date. Constructive feedback for project tasks will be given via Google docs on the weekdays, as the course is conducted over the weekends. There won’t be any personalised mentoring during or after the course completion. This is a practical, hands-on and project based course, hence we won’t be able to support you with ISTQB exam questions.
Why LIVE Software Tester Course?
Learn Manual Testing from a Testing Industry expert and from a project perspective while using a realistic & hands-on approach. Grasp how to effectively work on Testing projects aligning to industry standards and expectations.
Become competent in facing practical testing interviews.
Learn how to work on Agile Testing projects. Also, SQL for Testers is an added bonus.
Most suitable for beginners who are seeking to go from Manual 2 Automation Testing. Learn Manual Testing effectively from a project view point and through demonstration of testing project tasks in real time and how it’s done in real world.
Those wishing to apply for entry level Testing jobs using professional certificate at the end of our Software Testing Training.
Anyone seeking project based Manual Testing and hands-on approach should attend this Online Testing Training Course.
As part of Software Tester Course, you shall grasp how to prepare various Manual Testing documentation in a productive manner.
At the end of Manual Testing Training, you will have experience of full software testing project lifecycle. And you could demonstrate qualities essential for a Manual Testing professional in real time.
Get effective insight into best industry practices and practical hands-on exposure. Learn Agile testing from project view point.
On successful completion of our Software Tester Course, you shall receive Software Testing Workshop Completion Certificate. This covers 1 manual testing project activities.
Trainee’s Key Responsibilities
- Analyse Business requirements and Design specification.
- Derive Test Conditions based on test analysis
- Identify Test Data Requirements for Test Scenarios.
- Develop detailed test cases based on business requirements and design specification.
- Define test data by applying formal Test Case Design techniques.
- Prepare test traceability matrix to attain adequate test coverage.
- Perform functional test case execution as per test plan and approach defined.
- Report bugs and demonstrated effective bug hunting techniques.
What is covered in Software Tester Course?
Besides the learning activities, trainees will get started with their Manual testing project after 3 LIVE sessions and they should ideally complete the project before the course completion.
Software Testing Process
- Introduction to IT
- Software Development Process Models (SDLC)
- Software Testing Fundamentals
- ISTQB Software Testing Process (STLC)
- Objectives of Software Testing
- Levels of Testing
- Types of Testing
- Static & Dynamic Testing
- Functional Testing, Non-Functional Testing, Regression Testing
- Testing Levels – Testing Types correlation
- Test Level Pyramid (SIT/E2E)
- Integrating STLC into SDLC
- ISTQB Testing Principles
- Testing Project Initiation Phase – Testing Delivery Model
- Test Manager’s Activities
- Test Engineer’s Activities during project initiation phase
- Test Management Documentation
- Test Strategy & Plan
- W model vs. V model
- Test Plan Components
- Test Approach in detail
- Test Approach – Types
- Test Approach – Testing Project example
- Test Resources, Estimation and Scheduling
- Test Entry – Exit criteria
- Walk through of a Project Test Plan
- Test Analysis Overview
- Test Analysis Tasks
- Types of Test Basis
- Types of Test Basis (Industry example)
- Types of Reviews
- Cost of Quality
- Analysing Test Basis – System Study
- Test Scenario – Overview
- Types of Test Scenarios
- Identifying Test Scenarios for a Testing Project module
- Test Analysis – Deliverables
- Test Design Tasks
- Testing Techniques: Specification and Experience based
- Testing Techniques: ECP/BVA Testing Techniques, Decision Tables / Use Case Testing
- Testing Techniques: Exploratory Testing, Error Guessing, Test Matrix
- Exploratory Testing – SBTM Testing Technique
- Identifying Test Data Requirements
- Creating Traceability Matrix / Test Coverage
- Significance of Test Traceability Matrix
- Test Environment setup
Test Implementation Part-1
- Test Implementation Tasks
- Test Case Prioritisation
- Developing Detailed Test Cases
- Test Data Preparation
Test Implementation Part-2
- Test Implementation Tasks
- Peer Reviewing Test Cases
- Building Test Suites
- Specifying Test Procedures
- Test Builds
- Test Environment Validation – Smoke and Sanity Testing
Test Execution Part-1
- Test Execution Tasks
- Test Execution Cycles (Test Plan)
- Entry Criteria (Test Plan)
- Test Case Execution
- Log Test Outcome
- Reporting Bugs
- Bug Hunting Techniques
- Bug Life Cycle
Test Execution Part-2
- Exploratory Testing
- Regression Testing – when to perform?
- Types of Regression Testing
- Test Exit Criteria (Test Plan)
- UAT Process
- UAT Support
- UAT Plan / Deliverables
Test Management, Testing Metrics & Reporting
- Test Management, Testing Metrics & Reporting (Duration: 2.5 hours)
- Test Management Tasks
- Test Monitoring & Control
- Collecting Testing Metrics
- Test Reporting
- Test Progress Reports: Preparation, Execution, Defect Trends
- Daily Status Report / Meeting
- Test Closure tasks
Testing interview challenges
- Brainstorming session covering Various job interview challenges
- Trainees attempt interview challenges in real time and receive constructive feedback
- Solutions for the challenges are demonstrated and discussed.
Agile Testing – Foundations
- Agile Scrum Fundamentals
- Agile Scrum Methodology
- Agile Vs Linear Sequential Models: Agile Release Strategies, Agile Manifesto, Product Definition
- Agile Scrum Roles
- Agile Scrum Meetings & Artefacts
- Agile Metrics: Burn Down, Burn Up, Velocity
- Agile Testing
- Agile Testing Process
- Integrating Agile Testing Process into Scrum development process
- Agile Testing Techniques – User Story Testing
- Risk Based Testing
- Pair Testing
- Session Based Testing
- Role of an Agile Test Engineer
Agile Testing – Project
- Tooling – JIRA & Zephyr
- Test Planning (as part of Sprint planning)
- Agile Testing Project
- Time boxes, Product backlog, Sprint Planning
- Agile Test Planning
- Test Estimation & Test Tasks breakout
- User story testing – preparation & execution
- Learn how to work as an effective Agile Test Engineer in an Agile Testing environment
Bonus: SQL for Testers Part 1
- SQL Overview
- SQL for Test Engineers
- SQL programming
Bonus: SQL for Testers Part 2
- CRUD Operations
Bonus: Intro to Automation Testing
- Test Automation overview
- Test Automation Pyramid
- Test Automation framework
- Browser Automation – Selenium
- API Automation – REST-assured